Sunday, May 25, 2008

Believe in Yourself!



Activity: Walking
Distance: 2 miles
Time: 36 minutes

I finally developed my full training schedule for the 1/2 Marathon. I used the one at The Walking Site. I adjusted it to fit the date of the marathon. I created a calendar and used clip art to decorate it - make it fun! I will post it on the refrigerator.

You know how you read something or hear something over and over again. Then one day, you hear the same message but with a different twist and WHAM - it hits you! If finally sinks in! well that is what I recently experienced. I was listening to a 4 part teleconference training through Seriesse - A company I have joined. I am lucky to be on the McCortney Team- Mindy had arranged a teleconference with Author, coach, and Speaker David Benzel. He did an excellent teleconference on achieving what you desire in life. I have done a lot of goal setting in my life - actually this was influenced a lot by Anthony Robbins. What struck me was the power of BELIEF. I understand how your belief system develops and can shape your life. He said some things that really had impact. I found out this was one reason I typically would fall short of achieving some goals Through listening to this, I created a positive belief that I am now repeating throughout the day. I say this to myself as if what I desire is already occurring - don't say / write something as if it may happen.

Here is my new belief:
"I am an Athlete training for a 1/2 Marathon. I eat, train and make choices for peak performance"

This is working for me. Repetition is the mother of skill - I have been stating this several times throughout the day.

I highly recommend David's books and websites:

David Benzel's newest book - you can get it at Amazon:
From Chump to Champ: How Individuals Go from Good to Great

Here are 2 of his websites:
http://www.davebenzel.com/
http://www.fromchumptochamp.com/index.htm

Take care and have a wonderul holiday




1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry it took sooooo long for me to respond...I've been tied up with my "real" job doing a telethon recently, so I've been a little off grid the past couple of weeks.

Keep believing in your goals and you can do anything!

Feel free to stop by my blog anytime. It was great to hear from you!