Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Something New




Hello Everyone,
I always thought I new everything about dieting and excercise - I just needed to put it into practice. I think this week for the first time, I really got an education on the effects of obesity on your health. Yes - I know about the high blood pressure (which I have), high cholestrol and diabetes, but there is more. Discovery Health had several episodes of the "You" doctors (You on a diet) - what an education on what excess fat can really do to your body. I have been fortunate enough not to have a tremendous amount of complications due to my weight, but I think I really need to stop taking it for granted. There is a great article from Discovery Health - It is an exerpt from "You on a Diet" by Doctor Roizen and Dr. Oz. I am getting the book. If anyone has read the book - I would love to hear feedback.
Take Care

0 comments: